…it’s not about location or how to find great clients.
Well, those are important, absolutely. But there’s something bigger you need to work on first as you transition to working solo, or if you want to build a stronger private practice in general.
This could mean:
- you just graduated and are ready to begin work, and want to open your own practice rather than working in a bigger office or studio with other people.
- you’ve been working out of someone else’s business for a while, and want to go out on your own
- or, maybe you’ve been out on your own for a while, but feel like you’re struggling and want a bit of a ‘reset’ to build a stronger foundation.
What’s that big, important piece we’re talking about?
As someone who has worked for herself for 15 years, I can tell you that mindset is the #1 thing people need to work on as a business owner.
A lot of people think that to start a new business, they need to first research a location, or decide on a business name, or figure out how to renovate that room in their basement they want to use.
And I get it. Those are top-of-mind. Those are important steps, but they aren’t the first one.
If you don’t start working on mindset issues before you get started on the other items, you’re going to run into issues later in your business.
Trust me, I’ve been there. I think most business owners have been there. In my own coaching group, people are constantly talking about mindset and being afraid of putting their name out there, getting clients, selling their product… it’s a common thing!
We all have these fears and worries, no matter what it is we do for a living. Even if we’ve been super successful in the past, there’s still some doubt and worry.
And, part of being successful in your private practice is not only tackling this fear, but being willing to do the work in spite of it.
So on today’s first episode in my ‘building a strong private practice’ series, I’m focused 100% on mindset.
- Unspoken truths of working for yourself
- Moving past the employee mindset
- Tackling sticky feelings around money
- Learning what it really means to ‘be the boss’ and
- Making the leap to being an entrepreneur
Tune in right here (just hit play below!), or look up Life Beyond The Massage Table on whatever app you like to listen to podcasts! We’re on pretty well all platforms, from Stitcher to Spotify to iTunes and others.
Resources from this episode:
Money Mindset (From Wandering Aimfully)
More on Money Mindset (from Jenna Kutcher)