Did the mere suggestion of talking about money make you feel a certain way? 😬
Let’s be honest: money and finances are a tricky topic.
It can be emotional for people for many reasons. Our thoughts and attitudes can lean towards avoiding the topic. It might be something we never discuss with friends or family, even if it might be a good idea to do so. Many of us were brought up in environments where it was a taboo topic.
So, we avoid it at all costs, or are vague about things when they do get discussed.
That doesn’t mean you can’t learn and change, however!
Three big mindsets when it comes to money for massage therapists (and other health & wellness practitioners)
In essence I think there are three faulty ideas that people who are really struggling with money mindsets have.
- Not believing they are worthy of earning a good income.
- Thinking that people in their career or offering their type of services shouldn’t charge much because that’s not what healers/helpers/people like them do
- Their background or culture avoids the topic of money – it is taboo! People around them have a ‘just be grateful you even have a job’ mindset, so they think this way too.
Do you relate to any of those? For some people, it’s only one, but for others (myself included, at least in the past!) it was all three.
So let’s dive into some of this!
This is the first episode in our series on money mindsets and working to change what is holding you back from building the business that you dream of having. Listen to it below, or search for Life Beyond The Massage Table on your favourite podcast software!
Resources for this episode:
- Minaa B’s post and IG account: On Growth and Being Grateful
- You Need A Budget (hey I remembered to link it! 😉)
- Mint Budgeting
Looking for help with your business for 2021? Hoping to book more clients or take your business online? I can help you! Sign up for my monthly newsletter with actionable advice on growing your health or wellness business. I’ll also send you a free guide on the one thing your website needs to attract new clients!